You unfollwed me on Twitter

Home Forums What’s up with you? You unfollwed me on Twitter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve MacLellan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donna

Hi SteveM2020,

You unfollowed me on Twitter. Sorry to see you go. What’s the problem?

Steve MacLellan
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Yes, I was using the application who.unfollowed.me and you must have been one of the people who came up. There are a lot of people who will follow you for a short time, and then unfollow you, simply so they have a lot more people to broadcast their message to. But these people don’t really want to read YOUR tweets, they just want to make sure that you see THEIRS.

I could be wrong, but I thought Twitter was supposed to be a social network. And I use it for a couple of reasons. 1) For news; plus…. I follow some of the bigger sites that constantly publish info for the crowd fifty and over. 2) To connect to individuals and groups who are like-minded.

I can’t begin to count the number of tweets I miss from like-minded people, because my newsfeed was choked with advertisements from people who wanted to get their message out to me, but had no intention of interacting or mixing with me.

I didn’t mean for you to take it personally, and I’m sorry, I don’t recall who you are or what organization you belonged to. But if you’re not going to be social, maybe you should avoid social media.

Regards,
    Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.