I'm 55 and never been married

Home Forums Relationship advice I'm 55 and never been married

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alvin 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Buddy

I’m 55 and never been married. Sure, had some women friends here and there. But, recently I’ve met someone who make me think I don’t want to spend the rest of my days alone. Now that it’s the dead of winter in Northern Canada, she wants me to move to the city and get a place with her. Not sure how I feel about that.

See, I got traps and snares set. I’d have to take them down. KI don’t want to see any animal suffer if I’m not around to shoot it. But at the same time I am worried about what I wuld do in the city for the winter.
    I wonder if thisis jest happening a little too fast for me. What do you think?

Steve MacLellan
    Keymaster

Hi Buddy,

I don’t want to give you a half-baked reply, like I have with some of the other questions I’ve responded to. Your question certainly seems genuine enough, and I can feel your pain, brother.

First of all… I don’t see the need to change at this point. I’d suggest waiting a bit. See how it goes this winter. If she isn’t interested in spending half of the time at your place, than I’m afraid this probably isn’t a woman who can appreciate the wilderness.

Regardless of whether you’re a man or a woman, there are people who can’t stomach extreme isolation. These people always need to have some sort of confirmation by others that they are all-right; that they are doing fine. But it’s like a drug. They have to have this confirmation regularly. You can’t put these people in a remote cabin; their needs aren’t being fulfilled.

At the same time… I know women who have risen to the challenge. They realize, living in the wilderness with all of the hunting and fishing, is what they needed to make their lives complete. But at the same time….

You’ve probably heard it said that you “can’t judge a book by its’ cover” — I’d suggest waiting a while, until you can delve further into the book. Don’t make any promises. Let’s see how it goes.

Regards,
    Steve MacLellan

Penny

Hi Buddy,
    I am thinking that there is still alot of days ahead for both of you, and that taking your time and exploring each others worlds is very important. What might seem right, might not be in time, or it might be the most perfect relationship ever.
    Time sharing each others lives, and spaces is very important to get to knowing each other fully. Spend time with her in her world, and she in return spend time with you in yours.
    All the best, may your lives be full of love and laughter,
    Penny

Christoper

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put
    in writing this blog. I’m hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal site now 😉

Ada

I am no longer positive the place you are getting your info, but good topic.

I must spend some time finding out more or understanding
    more. Thank you for great info I was looking for this
    info for my mission.

Alvin

I really found this posting , “I’m 55 and never been married | 50alone.com”, highly enjoyable plus it was a great read. Regards,Alvin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.