Generation Y chances of success

Home Forums Relationship advice Generation Y chances of success

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kate

Hi Steve,

From reading your posts, it looks like you have some experience with teenagers. I find mine a bit lazy, like she wants everything handed to her. I looked it up in Google, and I guess this generation of young people are called Generation Y. Do you every worry about this group growing up to be employed? I keep telling mine that she can’t start at the top.

Thank you,
    Kate

Steve MacLellan
    Keymaster

Hi Kate,

I used to think they had unrealistic expectations, but now I’m not too sure. It always seems that the older generation is worried about the future when the kids come to power. I can clearly remember my father, strongly expressing his concerns of our generation. But we haven’t ruined the world yet….

I ran across an article today in the Huffington Post titled Generation Y’s Legislative Agenda: What Millennials Will Do When They Get Power which I thought was an interesting read. So maybe, we’ll be in better hands.

I think the kids will be OK! :-)

Regards,
    Steve

Kate

Hi Steve,

I guess I just tend to worry too much then. I think you’re probably right. Every generation worries about the one following it. There is lots of time yet, and teenagers… well, what can I say? They aren’t really noted for being motivated.

Still, it would be nice to see her interested in something other than Facebook and her cellphone. She can’t leave home without it.

Thanks,
    Kate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.