Free today as an Amazon promotion, is The Fantastic Slow Cooker Cookbook by Suzanne Summer. The book is about 110 pages long and filled with mouth-watering recipes. Whether you are a complete newbie to slow cooking or an experienced crock pot user, you will find the recipes scrumptious yet simple and easy to prepare.
The book received some great review including this one from Whitney who said, "Who knew all the things you can make in a crockpot! This is one of my favorite cookbooks after making pulled pork and baked beans for the family-and getting compliments all night!"
Here are some of the recipes:
- Grilled Carne Asada Chill
- Caribbean Shredded Pork
- Clam and Corn Chowder
- Arroz Con Pollol (Chicken and Rice)
- Meatballs in Marina Sauce
- Chicken and Black Bean Tortilla Soup
- Caldo De Res (Mexican Beef Stew)
- Chipotle Chicken Chile
- Short Ribs in Savory Chocolate Sauce
- Italian Sausage Spinach Lasagna in White Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Shrimp Gumbo
Here is an example of one:
Classic Beef Stew
Serves: 6 ~ Preparation time: 20 minutes ~ Cook time: 8 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat; cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 pounds Yukon potatoes, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; brown all sides of the beef. Add the red wine and simmer the beef until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker, cover with the flour, salt pepper, and cinnamon. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. Check for salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 403 ~ Fat: 6 grams ~ Cholesterol: 86mg ~ Sodium: 462mg ~ Carbohydrates: 39 grams ~ Fiber: 5.5 grams ~ Protein: 39 grams
If you don’t want to miss any of these posts: on the right-hand side of the blog is a place where you can enter your email address, and I’ll send you any new posts by email. You’re not going to get spammed — I respect your privacy. All you will get is the new posts only. Note: any posts that contain video or other website technologies won’t be available in the email version of the posts.
You’re also welcome to share your comments.